Saturday, November 08, 2008

Full Circle

In the last week, in consecutive jobs, I've seen the full circle of life - albeit back to front.

The last job of my last shift last week was a cardiac arrest. Despite the job running exactly as it should, the patient sadly died on scene.

The first job of the week this week was what's known as a "BBA" - Born Before Arrival (at hospital). I delivered a beautiful baby girl.

It's strange how the job goes sometimes, but these events remind me that as well as the tragedy of a family losing a loved one, we also see the joy of a new addition to a family.

I also recognise that I have witnessed in consecutive shifts, the balance of nature.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I also recognise that I have witnessed in consecutive shifts, the balance of nature."

That's a horrible thing to say!!!

8:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous, are you for real? It's "horrible" to suggest that this guy's personal reflections are in some way offensive. Wise up!

11:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous, are you for real? It's "horrible" to suggest that this guy's personal reflections are in some way offensive. Wise up!

11:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you clear something up for me?..if baby was a born before arrival, surely baby delivered itself??!!!..

5:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home