Friday, April 18, 2008

Not Gonna Blog Til August

Pretty much as it says in the title really.

The reasons for no blogging lately are:

1) Thanks to FREDA, we're getting off late more than getting off on time

2) Studying for my upcoming paramedic course as we have to learn the first module before we go as the exam for it is on the first day, and we have to learn all the A&P for Respiratory,
Cardiovascular, and Nervous systems - questions like "Briefly describe the components of
somatic and autonomic reflex arcs and explain their role in maintaining homeostasis".
We also have to learn Pharmacology, Drug administration and the theory behind cannulation
(putting a needle in somone's arm to give drugs - IV Access) and intubation (putting a tube
down the throat to secure the airway).

3) Thanks to the above two points, by the time I've got home, eaten and done some study, it's
time for bed, so I can get up the next day and do it all over again.

So I hope you'll forgive me, but I probably won't be updating my blog until August when I finish my paramedic course. Then I'll need to change my blog title. Providing I pass the course that is.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Sorry that you are having to put the blog on hold - I hope that all goes well, and the course is successful.

See you in August!

9:24 am  
Blogger IAmKat said...

Good luck! We'll all have our fingers crossed for the August Relaunch of "The World Through the Eyes of a Paramedic"

10:23 am  
Blogger Shade said...

Good luck with the course!

12:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the studying, and hope very much to see that you've changed the name of the blog come August!!

2:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck...

9:49 pm  
Blogger Mart said...

I still can't believe they are making you guys self study the first module. Its the hardest module by far. The only way I got it into my head was by drowning myself in it before the course and then having 4 weeks of tutors and others on the course all coming up with ways to make it stick in our heads!

Good Luck Steve, try to enjoy it, See you on the other side.......

12:43 am  
Blogger Ellie said...

Glad to know that all is well. Good luck with the course work!

11:59 am  
Blogger caramaena said...

Good luck with the course Steve. Eagerly awaiting your return :)

9:55 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh bum, just as I find a good blog you're off on holiday. *ducks*

Looking forward to your return in August.

3:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the course, I'll keep an eye out for your return!

5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes and good luck! Hope to hear more from you soon!

7:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home