Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Year

From the sound of things, I'm pleased that I was off over New Year. New Years Eve night shift itself is usually a slow start, with all Hell breaking loose just after the Big Ben Bell tolls at midnight, then people start fighting, stabbing each other, and falling over because they've drunk far too much. And they all do it at once.

This year, apparently it was mayhem for the whole night, with crews doing anywhere between 12 and 16 jobs in the 12 hour shifft. I'm sure there were crews who did more than this too.
One FRU that I know of was due to finish his shift at 6.30am, but got a job at 6.28. The CAD number (which shows how many calls have been received by control) was over 3,700. That's around the number of calls that we usually end the day on. I've no idea what the final tally was by the end of the day.

Well done to all those working that night - I don't envy you in the slightest.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home